Car, Motorcycle and Boat insurance
Where can you find a car insurance policy that is personalised to your needs, provides all types of insurance cover – and is available in English?
CA Britline is the answer. Our team of friendly, English-speaking and bilingual advisors can provide you with a quote and any information you need.
Our comprehensive range of motor vehicle insurance policies including car, motorcycle, vintage cars and boats offer competitive insurance premiums and extensive cover. Award-winning car insurance that is tailor-made for drivers in France, whether you are driving for pleasure, business or everyday activities1.
So if you are moving to France, buying a new car or are looking to change your car insurance provider, we can help. All our quotes are provided without obligation and are free. You can find more information about our car and motor vehicle insurance policies; how to claim; breakdown and accident cover; accidental damage; and much more including answers to many of the frequently asked questions below. Please note your vehicle must be registered in France in order to obtain a quote.
Car insurance tailor-made to your needs
CA Britline offers car and motor vehicle insurance cover that is suitable for all drivers. We can propose an insurance policy offering Fully Comprehensive cover or Third Party, Fire & Theft. That’s not all; in addition to this essential insurance cover for car drivers there are various options including personal injury cover, motor and driver legal protection, reduced premiums for low mileage and rewards for good driving.
How can I obtain a quote for Car and Motor Vehicle insurance?
It’s easy to request a quote for your car insurance with CA Britline.
Request a full quote online
We can give you a full quote for car and motor vehicle insurance by email; all you need to do is simply complete our online request form. We will need your personal contact details, the details of the vehicle to be insured including make and model; driver information; your previous insurance provider; and how you wish to pay for your car insurance.
Arrange for us to call you back
If you wish an advisor to phone you to discuss your quote for car and motor vehicle insurance please click here.
What services are included in a CA Britline Car insurance policy?
When you are driving it is important to know that if you need to make a claim you are fully protected at all times. We understand how crucial it is to have the appropriate insurance cover in place.
CA Britline car and motor vehicle insurance policies provide either Fully Comprehensive or Third Party, Fire & Theft. The services can include:
- Personal Injury Cover included in all our policies to compensate for physical injuries which are caused by an accident in your car;
- The ABC Scheme (Avantage Bon Conducteur) to thank you for your good driving; If you have not made a claim in the last 3 years, your policy will benefit from a reduction of up to 15% off your annual premium from the moment you subscribe thanks to our ABC Scheme. Every year thereafter, if you do not make a claim you will accumulate an extra 2% reduction on your annual premium, up to a maximum of 20%. This is on top of your no claims bonus! Good driving = reduced cost of your policy
- Premium Assistance Services
Our insurance policies offer the following premium value-added services:
- Breakdown assistance at home. We arrange for a mechanic to visit your home with recovery to a local garage if necessary.
- Roadside assistance. Full breakdown recovery is available should you require it, including driving in France, the UK, Republic of Ireland and the EU/EEA.
- A courtesy car is provided should your car break down, or if you are involved in an accident. The service includes recovery to a local garage.
- Driver Protection up to 1 million euros. Whichever policy you choose, driver protection is included because you are at the heart of our concerns.
Other useful information about CA Britline Car Insurance
- Personal use, Leisure & Business. CA Britline insures cars and other motor vehicles for both personal use, leisure and for business purposes.
- Driving abroad. Taking a trip back to the UK – or elsewhere in Europe? We can insure your car for driving in the EU and EEA, including the UK & Republic of Ireland.
- Emergency cover for your car. Your insurance policy will allow another person to drive your car in the event of an emergency.
How is the cost of Car insurance in France calculated?
The cost of car and motor insurance in France is determined by various factors. These include: the type of car insurance policy, make, model and age of the vehicle, insurance excess and the driver profile. Age, gender, driving convictions (offences for speeding or alcohol/drugs) and the driver’s no claims record are additional reasons which can affect the cost of a premium.
Where you live in France is also an influence on the price of your car insurance premium although the cost is broadly comparable across the country.
Additional benefits and how to reduce the cost of your Car insurance premiums
At CA Britline, our car insurance premiums are competitive and provide comprehensive cover, providing drivers with peace of mind and security.
We know that every driver is looking for ways to reduce the cost of their car insurance premium and benefit from other value added services, too. That is why we offer the following as part of our wide-ranging car insurance policies:
- No Claims Discount
Drivers are eligible for a No Claims Discount (NCD) for driving in France. The amount of NCD is calculated differently compared to the UK. Please contact an advisor for more information.
- For drivers who drive less than 5,000 km a year
Drivers who use their vehicle for less than 5,000 km a year receive a reduced premium with their policy.
- Good driving rewarded
Benefit from our ABC Scheme by reducing the cost of your car insurance premium by up to 20% (see above: “What services are included in a CA Britline insurance policy”).
- How much excess do I need to pay?
The cost of your car insurance premium can be reduced by increasing the amount of excess that you pay should you need to make a claim against your insurance policy.
How can I make a claim for Car and Motor Vehicle Insurance?
If you need to make a claim against your car or motor vehicle policy, please get in touch as soon as possible. You can contact us via email or phone.
Before contacting us, it is useful to have all of the relevant information easy to hand; for example the purpose of the claim and your car insurance policy details.
What to do if you have an accident
In the event of an accident, there are certain actions you will need to take.
- Your insurance policy includes a constat amiable d'accident form to report any accidents. Make sure this is easily accessible in your car.
- The constat amiable d’accident requires both parties to detail the facts, i.e.: names, location, witnesses and insurers and can include both text and a drawing to describe the scene. The form does not require information as to which party is responsible and can be written in English.
- Take a note of the other vehicle’s registration number and details of any witnesses or police involved. You are required to sign the form and return the form to the insurer within 5 days.
- In the event of injury (either yourself or another party), you should contact the police by phoning 112 or 17.
It is important that you inform us or your insurance provider as soon as possible after the accident, regardless of the level of damage to the car.
What to do if your car is stolen
If your car or motor vehicle is stolen report it to the police as soon as possible. You can report it by telephone but you will need to visit the gendarmerie to make a statement. They will require details of your vehicle and other relevant information. You need to report the theft to Pacifica as a matter of urgency.
Changing your Car insurance provider
It has never been easier to change your choice of car insurance provider.
French car insurance policies are renewed automatically. However, you may cancel a car insurance policy as long as it has been place for at least 12 months.
Before your car insurance policy is due to expire, please contact us and we will provide you with a quote. If you are happy to proceed, we can cancel your old car insurance contract and your new policy will start automatically.
Vintage Car insurance
We can provide insurance cover for not only new and modern vehicles but various makes of classic cars too. If you drive a vintage car and need insurance cover for driving in France or abroad please get in touch for a quote.
If you drive a motorbike we can insure you for Fully Comprehensive or Third Party, Fire & Theft.
Do you enjoy life on the ocean waves – or perhaps a more gentle form of river cruising? Please get in touch and we can quote to insure your boat, yacht or other type of vessel.
Contact us now and start saving on your car and motor vehicle insurance.
Car Insurance awarded the label of Excellence 2018 by Les Dossiers de l’epargne
The vehicle insurance contract and its options are provided by PACIFICA, the insurance company, subsidiary of Crédit Agricole SA. PACIFICA: Company regulated by the "Code des Assurances". Limited company with a consolidated capital of 332,609,760€ untied funds. Head office: 8-10 boulevard de Vaugirard - 75724 Paris cedex 15.352 358 865 RCS Paris. The events guaranteed and the conditons figure in the contract.
This contract is issued by your regional head office Crédit Agricole Normandie, co-operative company with variable capital, approved bank – Head office situated 15 Esplanade de Brillaud de Laujardière – CS25041, 14050 CAEN CEDEX 4 – Registered in CAEN under the company number 478 834 930 - Brokering company registered on the « registre des intérmediares d’assurance » n° 07 022 868.
The details of the insurance broker for your regional head office are available on www.mentionscourtiers.credit-agricole.fr or in your local Crédit Agricole branch. Contact your CA Britline advisor to find out the full details and conditions of this offer in your regional office of Crédit Agricole.
*3 months of contribution offered for any Automobile Insurance contract taken out between 15/06/2020 and 18/07/20, for a new PACIFICA vehicle insurance contract (excluding vehicle insurance for professional use). Your account will be re-credited 94 days following the start date of the contract, provided that the insurance contract is in force on that date and up to date with the payment of the insurance premiums. Offer reserved for customers of the regional head office Credit Agricole Normandie.