Regular saving is a great way to provide a cash sum later in life
Whether it's putting something away for a special anniversary, the holiday of a lifetime or perhaps to help pay for your child or grandchild's future university costs, Britline Regular Savings Plans are the simple way to make the most of tomorrow.
It's good to know there is a secure way to save!
The "Livret A" is a tax free instant access savings account available to all, regardless of age, nationality or tax residency. Each member of your family can have a "Livret A". It can be opened at birth and maintained throughout life. The rate of interest is regulated by the government.
- Available to residents and non residents.
- Account available in individual names only.
- Only one "Livret A" allowed per person in France.
- Level of capital protection: 100% at all times.
- Interest rate: 0.50% subject to change (1).
- Fees: Free of charge.
- Tax free (2).
- Minimum opening balance: 10€.
- Maximum Investment Amount: 22,950 €.
- Minimum withdrawals from: 10€.
- Instant access to your funds via your online banking 24/7, a Crédit Agricole ATM machine in France, or by contacting CA Britline.
How to apply
- a copy of either your birth certificate or passport.
- a request to open the account, signed by yourself if over 18 years, or your parents/authorised guardian if you are under 18 years.
- if under 18 years, proof of address in your parent's name/authorised guardian with a letter confirming that you are living with them.
Please note that if a current account is also being opened and you are under 18 years if you already have an account elsewhere a copy of 2 months bank statements are also required, again with a letter from your parents/authorised guardian to confirm that they would support the account.
Interest is paid on the 31st December each year. They are income tax and social contributions exempt.
(1) The interest rates are correct as of 01/02/2020 and are subject to change without prior notice. Once the ceiling of 22,950 € has been reached, you can not make additional payments, but interest may be added without limit.
(2) Tax free for French residents only. It is the responsibility of non residents to declare any interest earned to the UK tax authorities.