Why Britline : About us
We are unique!
How often can you say that your bank really understands you? That your banker has gone through the same or similar experiences as you? If you bank with CA Britline then you CAN say that!
CA Britline is a dedicated team of advisors and experts at your disposal. We are all bilingual english/french and most of us have enjoyed living in both the UK and France. We understand life on both sides of the channel and this cultural understanding benefits all our customers.
CA Britline was born in 1999 with one english person working for a french bank, rapidly our new customers spoke to their friends and our service developed year on year. Thousands of new customers join us annually. Our team is now made up of 40 people dedicated to our customers throughout the UK, Ireland and resident in France.
We have personality
We are a friendly team and always happy to help. You can be confident that help and advice is available in your daily banking and Insurance matters.
We listen to our customers
Our business is to be in tune with your requirements, answer questions and concerns by listening to your needs, supporting you in your projects and providing tailor-made solutions that suit you.
We provide excellent customer service
Our customers tell us that 96% of them are "very satisfied and would highly recommend CA Britline services" (1). CA Britline provides a good, old-fashioned service... Don’t spend time just hanging on the telephone waiting to talk to a real person, after just one automated message you go straight through to one of our Advisors who are waiting for your call! If you prefer to contact us by mail, you can be sure that you will receive a personalised reply within 24hrs.
We make accessing your french account
Online and telephone banking. Access and keep track of your account(s) when you want, 24/7. or give us a call to discuss your options… all can be done from the comfort of your own home (2) .
We are open and transparent
With CA Britline you have 30 days to change your mind (3) and you will have your fees refunded (excluding fees for real use), there is no need to justify your decision (4). No hidden costs! Banking in other countries may appear to be free but sometimes the costs can be hidden along with other fees, CA Britline offers clarity and transparency. The current fees leaflet is available for you to consider your options in accordance to your needs.
Don’t take our word for it, here’s what some of our customers have said…
“I would like to thank you all for the excellent service delivered over recent months. It is a pleasure to deal with people like yourselves and you should be proud of the service you give to your customers. A big thank you and well done”. Mr Hibbert, Fife Scotland.
“Britline is the most efficient organisation I’ve ever dealt with – I’m sure the process would have taken days in the UK. I certainly can’t imagine it being completed in minutes!” Mrs Thornton from Gloucestershire, UK.
“You are no longer a bank you are an institution for those English speakers living in France”. Mr & Mrs Ivin from Côtes d’Armor, France.
CA Britline facts!
The English speaking distance banking branch of Crédit Agricole is for retail customers.
- Established in 1999 by Crédit Agricole
- One of the largest branches in France
- The Leading provider of French Banking services to the Anglophone community
- A telephone, Internet banking, Insurance and Mortgage service for clients fiscally resident in France, the UK and Ireland
English speaking service for all your French banking & insurance needs
- 40 bilingual staff
- Front Office, Back Office teams
- Dedicated Mortgage & Insurance teams
- Personal bankers, General Advisors
The English speaking service provided by CA Britline does extend to English documentation where possible. However contracts/letters/documents automatically generated from the Crédit Agricole banking system will be in French. If you ever need assistance in understanding the communication, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The online banking service with Crédit Agricole is in French.
To assist you in your French language and for reference you can access the:
- Online banking demonstration
- Glossary: Financial and Payment
- Glossary: Insurance
- Glossary: Home & Car
- Glossary: Numbers
(1) CA Britline is an online banking branch of Crédit Agricole based in Normandy providing an English speaking French banking service to clients who are fiscally resident in France, the UK and Ireland.
(2) Source: Customer satisfaction survey by FYM November 2019.
(3) The possibility to change your mind above and beyond the existing legal and contractual delay. This right is limited to once per product and per year. Ask adviser for the products and services concerned.
(4) Exclusions to 30 day cooling off period: Cartwin, Supplétis, Personal loans, Mortgages, PEA/CTO, Amundi Funds and Uni-Editions. Assurance-vie contracts already have a 30 day cooling off period.