ISILIS and Switching French Bank accounts. CA Britline can help.
Isilis: Switching Your Banking Operations, Direct Debits and Standing Orders.
If you wish to group together all your banking operations onto your CA Britline account, our Isilis Switching Service is made for you.
A simple signature of the transfer mandate gives CA Britline the authority to contact, on your behalf, the different services and organisations to inform them of changes to your bank details: salary, social security, insurances, taxes, rent...
What's more; switch 3 or more direct debts and receive e-vouchers up to a value of 50€, to use with a variety of online merchants showing the ISILIS logo.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This switching service is available to all clients of CA Britline who have another French bank account elsewhere and in particular new CA Britline customers wishing to group together on their new CA Britline account all their banking operations: direct debits and standing orders. We are also able to assist you should you wish to transfer your existing French account to a CA Britline account.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A simple signature of the transfer mandate gives CA Britline the authority to contact on your behalf the different organisations that must be informed of your new bank details: your employer for the payment of your salary, your health insurance company and the social security organisation (CPAM, MSA etc) that you are affiliated to for the payment of your allowances, your insurer to cover your direct debit payments, your tax authority to cover your tax payments, your landlord, for the payment of your rent,…
- 1st stage: Draw up the list of your recurring transactions over the last 13 months from your monthly bank statements. Your advisor (on mandate) or yourself can ask for this list from your previous bank (2). You should then gather together all the relevant documents (3) relating to each direct debit or standing order shown on the list; give this to your CA Britline advisor. That’s all you need to do.
- 2nd stage: On your behalf, a dedicated advisor will contact the organisations "listed" in relation to your change in account details and sends them the new bank account details in the shortest time-lapse possible (4).
- 3rd stage: CA Britline then sends you a list detailing the transfer requests carried out (from the list of recurring transactions and accompanying documents provided in the first stage).
WHEN CAN I CLOSE MY OLD ACCOUNT?
Be careful not to close your old account before all the transactions likely to be presented against your account have been transferred to your new account. Bear in mind the time needed by the organisations to take into account your new bank details (this is variable depending on the organisation). For the following few weeks, payments may still be presented on your old account. Be vigilant in keeping sufficient funds available to cover any eventual payments.
ARE ALL MY TRANSACTIONS TAKEN CARE OF BY THIS TRANSFER SERVICE?
No. Only the direct debits and standing orders that you have listed for us are taken care of. You need therefore to be careful with any cheques that have been issued on your old account and not yet debited. Otherwise, you risk your cheque being returned for insufficient funds and a banking ban may ensue even if the account is closed. Also, be vigilant with card payments that are outstanding for the same reason.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE MY OLD BANK TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT?
Your old bank has 10 days to close your account from the day you make your request, and must try and inform you in the event that a payment has been presented against your account prior to its closure.
1) The gratuity of this service applies only to transactions carried out by our Crédit Agricole regional headquarters (or all other outsourced third party).
2) List of direct debits or standing orders from the last 13 months: this may be a paying service offered by your old bank in the event of a manual task.
3) Relevant document: any document detailing the beneficiaries address for the direct debit or standing order in question and the reference under which you may be identified.
4) Upon receipt of the necessary information, our Regional Head office will communicate the different transfer requests to the appropriate organisation but cannot guarantee the time needed for these instructions to be carried out.